Happy New Year and Happy 2nd Blog Anniversary to The Anchor Holds!!! I still can’t believe it’s been two years since we’ve launched on January 13, 2019! It all started with one poem: Compartments, and now we are here! All to the Glory of God. Thank you Jesus for carrying us through! Without You, The Anchor Holds is nothing. Please, keep holding on to us.
A huge thank YOU to my dear readers! To the blogging community, social media, and my personal friends and family: your interest, loyalty, and interactions mean the world to me. Without your support, we wouldn’t be where we are right now. This is for you! This is for US!
We have a lot to celebrate beautiful people! Together we’ve:
- Published 151 Posts – including several poems, prose, and many bible verse images
- Welcomed 1, 210 Global Visitors with 3,354 Views!
- Our readers hail from USA, China, Canada, France, Cayman Islands, Liberia, Ghana, Fiji, Uganda, United Kingdom, and many more countries!
- Performed at (1) Spoken Word event – (let’s change that this year shall we?)
- Launched our very own The Anchor Holds Podcast – June 2020
- Sold (20) The Anchor Holds T-Shirts – October 2020
- Produced by our very own sister: @LOAFbyFacia
- See below for pics, stay tuned for our next sale!
- Launched The Anchor Holds Instagram Page – November 2020
- Managed by our amazing Social Media Manager: @nanatabiri
WON’T HE DO IT!
I’ve learned a lot over the past 2 years, especially how to get over my fear and anxiety and JUST DO IT! I’m guilty of writing a post and letting it sit for days which turns to months smh; I do this all in the name of “letting it marinate” that way I can edit, edit, and edit to “perfection.” My sisters (my #1 supporters!) and therapist called me out on it plenty of times!!! I promise I’m much better at it! I still let it marinate, but only for a shorter period of time lol I’ve also become more vulnerable in my posts by sharing a lot more about myself and some of the struggles I’ve faced (check out the Anchor of Me section). Lastly, I’ve become bolder in sharing the Word of God. It is my mission to “Spread Hope One Word at a Time!” and I aim to do just that!
The learning does not stop here, family! I’ve been learning a lot about the world of blogging in order to serve you better via posts and merchandises. Thank you all for your patience! I still don’t have a clue what I’m doing, but when God is in it, there is no limit!! I’m excited for what is in store for us this year.
To start us of with celebrations, please join me as I publish COMPARTMENTS II! This piece takes us to a different level of vulnerability. Get ready!!!!
Popular The Anchor Holds Posts (in case you have some catching up to do):
- Compartments – Poem
- I’m Holding On – Poem
- My Life as a PK! – Personal Prose
- Beauty In Brokenness – Personal Prose (Testimony)
- Walk With the Fire – Message (Racial Injustice)
- Clothing Line – Poem (Racial Injustice)
- and many more!
Make sure to like, subscribe, comment and be sure to Follow us on IG: https://www.instagram.com/theanchorholds.life/